Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Happy 30th!

June 9th I turned 30 and to celebrate, Jason planned a wonderful getaway for the two of us. A few months ago he asked me where I would like to go, and I told him I just wanted a getaway for the two of us to enjoy some time together. So he made plans and decided to surprise me. He told me what I would need, and helped me pack. Thursday the 5th, I took McKenleigh to meet my mom. (Thanks Janet for letting us meet at your house. Lunch was great.) She got to have a great weekend with Grandma, Grandpa and Uncle Adam.
Jason and I left Nashville around 5 and headed to Knoxville for the evening. Jason had told me we were staying in Knoxville and then heading to our destination, that was all I knew. He did not pack golf clubs, so I was clueless. The clubs make it in the car before the suitcases most of the time.
Friday morning as we crossed the border into North Carolina, we stopped at the visitors center, and I picked up all kinds of brochures to try and figure out where we were going. I picked up a brochure from the Biltmore and thought it would be fun to go by on our way to wherever we were going. Jason agreed, but I felt bad, because I knew he had plans made already and I didn't want to mess up his plans, but he pulled off the interstate anyway. It was Lunch time so he said we might go in and have lunch the go on. Well, instead of stopping and getting tickets, he pulls up to the gate and the guard says "hi, how can I help you..." Jason "yes, we are guest at the Inn" WHAT!!! I hit him and the guard though he was lying. I didn't even know there was an Inn on Biltmore Estate.

What w wonderful trip. We went on tours of the house and the winery. Went on behind the scenes tours and seminars. We had breakfast on the terrace and went swimming in the pool. Believe it or not we made a few friends and even got invited to a wedding on the estate.

Friday night we had dinner in the dinning room and as a surprise this was brought out.

We had a wonderful time. It was a great trip. We missed McKenleigh, but it was so nice to spend some time just the two of us.

Sunday night when we got back, My parents came down and we celebrated my birthday and they gave me a beautiful charm bracelet and Jason and McKenleigh gave me a charm with McKenleigh's initial. It was a wonderful birthday.

No comments:

background