Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day


Sunday was a day full of blessings. McKenleigh slept well so I was nice and rested. I was able to get up get a shower and enjoy breakfast. (most Sundays I am eating in the car) After I came downstairs, Jason gave me a very special 1st mother's day gift. He had written a note from McKenleigh, himself and the dog. Wow that brought a few tears. As you know, Jason does not love woman, so the fact that he included her really was special. He then gave me a little book with pictures and the story of our first year. It was so sweet. I am not a crier, but he got two or three tears out of me. I will try to take a few pictures and post them.

We went to church and enjoyed class while McKenleigh went to the nursery, but I decided I wanted to take her to service with me. I knew the chances of getting through it without her getting upset were slim, but I wanted to hold her on my first mother's day. Our church does so many nice things, and on Mother's day they give two arrangements of flowers at each service. They give one to the oldest mother and one to the newest 1st time mom. Two years ago was my first mother's day at HH, and Jason and I had just started dating, but I remember thinking one day I may get flowers.
Flash forward two years. They are giving out the flowers and I was sitting there as they are asking for the new mother, but McKenleigh was born in December, so I didn't raise my hand, but I was wrong. I was the newest new mother in second service. It was so nice and the flowers are beautiful. What a wonderful way to celebrate a wonderful and blessed first 4 months of being McKenleigh's mom.

McKenleigh made it through the first half of the service, I took her out and she fell asleep on my shoulder and I came back in for the rest of the service.

After church McKenleigh decided she wanted to stay awake all day and play. She was in a great mood and we played and enjoyed time with her. Jason cooked a wonderful meal and we thought we would try her highchair for the first time. We left the tray off and she played for a few min. What a big girl.

She was a surprise to our family, but I cannot imagine a second without her. She is a joy and I am so blessed to be her mom.

1 comment:

Michael and Hannah said...

Happy Mother's Day! What a great church for coming up with such a great idea - the flowers are beautiful.

background