Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Golf Lesson

Believe it or not, Friday was my very first golf lesson. I grew up not liking golf, and with the opinion that it was a terrible sport, I would NEVER play! Then in came Jason. I enjoyed being his caddy last year, and then he proposed at the club. That part I thought about NEVER, well as of Friday that is not true. Jason and I are members of a club here in town (my membership came with the marriage) and if I am going to be a member, I should use it.
To my surprise, I loved it. I had a lesson with the pro, and I have plans to meet with him every Friday after lunch for the next month. He asked me what I knew about golf and I told him," I know this is a club, but I don't know how to hold it, swing it, or tee a ball, but I do know the goal is to get the ball in the hole that is a long way away.
We spent the fisrt lesson working grip, stance and swing. He actually let me hit a few balls and I hit them about 50 yrds. I was happy. After the lesson Jason and I walked 4 holes. He hit of the tee and then I would walk to his ball, tee one up for my self and the we would both hit to the green. I was really great. I never thought I would say that, but I am gld I have given it a chance.
Tonight I was bringing my bag in from the car and it was really weird. I was carring MY CLUBS. Wow I never thought I would do that. I am now a begining golfer. Look out LPGA I am on my way.

3 comments:

Our Family said...

Hey Marie! Found your blog through Sarah (used to be Logsdon). Congratulations on getting married. You look so happy! Glad to hear things are going well for you. ~Deidre

Anonymous said...

Hi Marie, glad to see you are taking lessons and starting to play. I have played a few times and also enjoy it. Maybe sometime I will get to play with you . Guess I had better get out there so I don't look really bad. Love you guys,Becky

Anonymous said...

Marie, are you becoming a yuppy. Is that the term used? Just joking with you. Glad you and your man got golf skills and that it is a natural talent for you...of course you are one of those people that when you take on something new, you master it. Not fair. Best to you this Friday, maybe it will be a Good one for you. I get the day off. Well, take care of yourself and your clubs. love ya, Sarah

background